Thursday, April 24, 2008

Phew!

Well, the new-look paper is out on the streets.
It's a huge relief for everyone here. We're very pleased with the revamp, although there might well be a little 'tweeking' here or there in the next issue. You can never tell what things will really look like until you get it in your own hands.
We didn't have a great amount of time to complete the redesign but then again I suppose we're used to deadlines.
While everyone worked full tilt, a special mention must go to our sports section who managed to fill an Echo-best 12 pages of sport. All this and they were a man down due to holidays.
Having gone through it first hand, I can safely say I know why the Echo has only had three radical face-lifts in its 117-year history.
But this is isn't end. There'll be another big announcement next month, I think. After that, I'm going to have a lie down!

No comments: